Taxation Services in Melbourne
There is nothing wrong or illegal about minimising one’s tax, provided it is legitimate and within the letter and the spirit of the law. A lot of theories get thrown around about , and many end in tears. So if it sounds too good to be true, it generally is.
The range of we offer our Melbourne clients include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of business returns for trusts, companies, partnerships, superannuation funds along with individuals who operate businesses independently.
- Preparation of individual returns for employees including rental properties.
- Preparation of GST/PAYG/IAS returns
- Tax planning services to strategically minimise tax
- Capital gains tax calculations
- Taxation advice on business, real estate, investments and other asset purchases and sales
The right tax structure is the best start, and from there you can layer on top different tax strategies to best suit your circumstances and risk profile.
Tax Preparation Services from the Professionals
For our business clients, we offer them the choice to have their financials reviewed anywhere between March to June. There is little anyone can do for you once the 30th June has passed, so it’s important to get in there beforehand. Our review focuses on the profit to date taking into account any extraordinary items, and then based on consultations with our clients, we project what the profit could be at the 30th June. From there, we set about planning what to do about it. The following is only a select list and their use can depend on your business size:
- Superannuation structures
- The need for new equipment/vehicles. We firmly believe that the keyword here is “need”. If you don’t need it, don’t buy it. It makes little sense to spend $ 10,000 and save $ 3,000 in tax, if whatever you buy won’t be needed or utilised in an effective manner. Many accountants preach the strategy of buying new cars to save tax. The strategy, in most instances, is actually flawed and we prove that to our clients.
- Postpone invoicing or prepaying expenses
- Prepay interest
- Determining tax effective distributions (for those with trust structures)
- Stock valuation
- CGT concessions
Taxation Planning to Strategically Minimise Tax
With our extensive knowledge and expertise, we can help you with taxation in Australia. Arrange your free no obligation meeting.